How to Learn a New Language

6:44 PM

I must admit becoming a polyglot is on my bucket list. I love learning about different cultures and languages. Traveling the world and communicating with locals is literally a dream of mine.

Today I can speak two languages. If you have the same longings as me, you must be ready to commit to your goal.

Here are some tips I learned:

1. Find some friends 

To be honest, this was the most helpful thing for me. It's better if you find a native speaker in your target language because they can correct you and teach you how to speak like the locals. I have made many amazing friends this way.

2. Download apps

Duolingo, Memrise and FluentU are free apps for your phone and they are amazing! They teach you vocabulary, sentence structure, and grammar (Bonus). 

3. Watch and learn 

Language learning isn't just all about reading from a book. Watching movies and television series (with captions of course) helps a lot. It helps you learn the accent and maybe some new vocabulary words. I don't have enough fingers to count how many times I had a happy dance moment because I understood a sentence or word. 

4. Get your jam on!

Everyone loves music, right? Finding music is kind of like watching films and series. You learn the accent and some vocabulary words. It also teaches you a little more about the culture. 

Tell us below! What language do you want to learn? 
What are some of your tips? 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Flickr Images

Subscribe